CEntrance HiFi-M8 DAC-Amp -DEMO UNIT
What we think in the Inner Sanctum:
This compact powerhouse is an all-in-one digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and headphone amplifier with amazing versatility. You can plug it in and use it with your computer (or other digital source) or run it using battery power when you are on the go.
With variable switching for headphone impedance, gain level, bass and treble, the M8 will wring the best out of any pair of headphones, allowing you to shape the sound to your liking. Change up the sound signature based on which headphones you are listening to or the music you are playing.
Ample muscle and ultimate versatility make this a easy recommendation for your go-to device.
THIS IS OUR DEMO UNIT, IN MINT CONDITION.
From the manufacturer:
HiFi-M8 redefines the portable DAC/Amp. This innovative, category-defining product sets a standard others will be judged by. We've done that before with our award-winning MicPot nad DACport. We did it again with HiFi-M8.
A unique combination of sound quality, output power and battery life, HiFi-M8 sets you free to explore your world, audiophile sound in the pocket.
HiFi-M8 (pronounced "Mate") creates a perfect listening experience anywhere you are — at work, on a train, or in the gym; helping you through the workday or soothing you at home. Take your high-res music with you. That's freedom.
HiFi-M8 is a USB DAC and an audiophile sound card for your iPhone, iPad and iPod. It extracts digital audio from computers and Apple's portable devices and converts it to analog, for purest sound reproduction.
HiFi-M8 is also a powerful headphone amplifier with balanced outputs. Gone are the days when you needed to carry a separate DAC, Amp and a battery. HiFi-M8 has all components built-in and carefully matched to preserve sonic fidelity.
HiFi-M8 enables audiophile on-the-go listening by combining 24-bit/192kHz audio quality, over 6 hours of battery life, balanced headphone output and multiple sonic shaping features within a single, integrated, portable device.
Three outputs: 3.5 mm, 1/4” and 4-Pin balanced jacks.
Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android, Mac and PC
Three levels of output impedence for best headphone linearity.
Three levels of headphone gain, for fine-tuning the loudness.
Three levels of bass sonic shaping, for a subtle boost in the low end.
Three levels of treble sonic shaping, for a subtle boost in the highs.
Choice of portable or desktop operation (battery or wall-powered).
Ability to charge phone/tablet off the power adapter while playing.
Resolution 24-bit (Also supports 16-bit)
Sample Rate 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.2 kHz, 192 kHz
USB Protocol Asynchronous
Local clock 10 ppm precision, unmeasurable jitter
Compatibility iPad, iPhone, iPod, Mac, PC, Andorid
Freq. Response 20 Hz...50 kHz (flat EQ circuit)
S/N Ratio 113 dB (A-weighted)
THD+N 0.002 % (mid gain position)
Crosstalk -103 dB (at 1kHz)
Output Impedance 1, 2, 11 Ohm, selectable
Output Power 1.4 W (max), 1 W (typical)
Headphones 16...600 Ohm
-2 dBV (nominal, max gain) use with less-sensitive over-the head headphones
-10 dBV (nominal, mid gain) use for connecting to line-level consumer audio equipment
-22 dBV (nominal, min gain) use with ultra-sensitive IEM headphones
Audio Output XLR balanced, 1/8" combo, 1/4" unbalanced jack
Headphone Amp Direct Class-A
AC Powering Globally compatible, 90...240V AC power supply included
DC Powering +9...+20V DC (3A) from external adapter, car, boat, etc.
Internal supplies Battery-isolated, filtered ±10V, super-clean analog rails
Unit Dimensions: 127 mm (L) x 82 mm (W) x 33 mm (H)
Shipping weight: 2 lb
- Made in USA. HiFi-M8 is designed and precision-assembled by skilled craftsmen in America. CEntrance takes pride in the quality of its products. We test every unit before it goes out the door, so you get a great experience.
- Built tough. Lightweight and durable, the extruded aluminum body is styled to please. The curves are smooth on the hand and easy on the eye. Super looks and scratch resistance are given by the laser-engraved anodized finish.
- Portable. HiFi-M8 packs a powerful Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery for the highest amount of power density. That means longer play time between charges. Battery status is conveniently displayed on an LED bargraph.
- Versatile. HiFi-M8 is a portable DAC/Amp with iPhone/iPad/iPod and USB inputs. This device does it all! Use your HiFi-M8 with your computer at work and with your iPhone on the way home.
- Audiophile. HiFi-M8 supports most headphones on the market. High output level means you never run out of loudness. The built-in gain, impedance and tone-shaping switches allow for dialing the sound just right.
- Dual Core. HiFi-M8 uses a dual-core XMOS microprocessor to achieve the dual functionality of a USB DAC and an iPhone Dock. HiFi-M8 runs custom CEntrance code, supporting 24-bit/192kHz, asynchronous USB audio.
- Driver Support. HiFi-M8 supports up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution with Macs and PCs. With Macs, no drivers are required. For Windows, CEntrance offers a free download of its world-renowned Unversal Driver.
- Worldwide Use. HiFi-M8 is designed for real-world use. The bundled power supply works around the globe and charges both HiFi-M8 and the attached Apple device. HiFi-M8 can also be charged from a car or a boat.
We Also Recommend